Saturday, January 31, 2009

Working with Dim lights....


This was pretty exciting because I learned how to meter my camera and take pictures balancing my SS(shutter speed), ISO, and f/stop....I grew up thinking we needed flash for everything, and little did I know the miracle of exposure! This is the girlfriend of our male model and I feel so bad that I don't remember their names! I will get it and make sure to do them each justice. I was so into these shots as I manuvered myself into small pockets of space to get the right details....so this assignment was to catch the dim light and make sure it was on our subject. Here I used and 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 lens, focal length was 50mm, Manual exposure mode, spot metering; 1/30 sec-F4.5, ISO 800. I could of up'd the ISO but then it would of ruined the effect of catching the dim lights and making it work for the camera.

No comments: