Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On a personal note - Thank You!



I'm with my mom at the hospital right now. I've been here at her side and can't help but run through the cherished memories I have with her. During this time, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of those who offered prayers, fasting,and unconditional love to my mom and family. This was the last picture we had with my mom before she entered the hospital. I have yet to gain her permission to post some of her pictures while in the hospital but just wanted to make sure that you all know how grateful and blessed my family is to have the love and prayers by family, and friends. From the first day she entered the hospital, nurses and staff here have been amazed at how many people have come to visit and just hang out here at the hospital in the waiting room. I remember the nurse asking me who's who and why so many were here?, I told her to celebrate my moms life and battle with cancer. This time with my Mom has been so precious as tables have turned and now I am caring for her, feeding her (ice chips that is), bathing her, and helping her to regain her health. I've had alot of time to really contemplate and reminisce my life with her. My mom comes from the sweet South Pacific Islands of Tonga, which is a tiny island you can barely see on the map. She grew up in the humblest of beginnings with dreams to have a better life by moving to the United States. That dream became a reality after she was able to attend college at BYU-Hawaii and meet the man of her dreams - my dad:)...together they built a life based upon the gospel of Jesus Christ, which solidified their marriage and new beginnings as a couple and in a foreign land - America. My family had little money but lots of love. My mom always kept me grounded and although looking back I may have been a brat then, but now in retrospect am ever so grateful to have learned so many valuable lessons from her. My mom, she is a woman of great faith. She helped me to learn that happiness comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. My mom brought that happiness into our home. In my moms home, we weren't allowed to say "shut-up", "stupid", or "dumb"...need I say more? My mom wasn't one to scould, when coming home late one night as a young adult I remember walking in expecting the worse only to find my mom just relieved that I was home. My mom was one who was always making sure we have family prayer, teaching us the importance of praying on our knees and showing respect to our Heavenly Father. I remember as a little girl, wanting to sleep in as my mom would wake us up in the wee hours of the morning for scripture study. Although the scriptures were not easy to understand at a young age she always made sure we were able to grasp the basic gospel principles. She then purchased animated cartoons of the scriptures which made learning even easier, and these things were important to her. As I got older, she never forced me to practice my faith, but was a leader of example. I love her for that. She always gave me the counsel I needed and trusted that I would make the right decision whether or not it was what she wanted. I could not have asked for a more perfect mom. Now as a mother myself, I strive to instill the same faith in my children and I have lots of room for improvement. The simplicity of my moms life is beautiful, and I adore her for that. I hope each of us recognize the wonderful opportunity to learn from our mothers. Listen to their counsel. Watch what they do, the way they treat others. Love to be with them and remember to express your love and thanks. I am grateful to Heavenly Father for the influence of my mother and her faith. I also wantd to thank my moms sisters: Ana, Linda, and Luti who have stood by her side throughout this trial. They are the best! I have seen many miracles of life throughout this time and know it is due to the faith and prayers of many. I love knowing that although we may have family and friends who live afar, the power of prayer is what unites us. Much love to you all!

6 comments:

Lita said...

Seini your mother sounds like an exceptional woman! Thanks for sharing your love for your mom on here. Its a reminder of how precious life is and how much we have been blessed.Your family is in my prayers!

Crystalyn said...

thinking about you during this time seini and hoping for your mother's health to return. let me know if i can do anything to help you...maybe take your kids or something. i think i'm pretty close to where your mom is at so that would be so easy for me.

sepa said...

xox

'Anapesi Ka'ili said...

I am so glad I discovered your blog!!! Love all the pictures...this is definitely another of your many talents! I especially love the words about your mother! She is an amazing woman! Please send my love to her and much love to you also sis!!! Much 'ofas!

Seini Photography said...

Thanks Lita, Crystalin, Sepa, and Anapesi (I'm still a newbie to all of this, but am loving photography.) Its experiences like these that puts everything back into perspective, and also has put me in check and in place with who I am as a person. Thank you for all your support, it means so much to me. Mothers are amazing, aren't they! I got nothing but madd love for each of you:)

ma'elePHOTO said...

Sein I'm just ballling reading this! I love your mom. What a wonderful example of faith she has been. Never "in your face" but by "quiet example". She so easily loved us children (her nieces and nephews). Thank you for your testimony and faith. Our love and prayers are with your family at this time and always!!!!

L, Jared and kids!